Thirty people died from flu complications in Moldova so far the current flu season. Last week, a man aged 53 from Leova district died of the A(H1N1) flu virus.
Asked by IPN to provide details, press officer of the National Public Health Agency Olesea Croitor said the man died at the National Clinical Hospital on March 8. He was diagnosed with severe pneumonia. He hadn’t been vaccinated against flu.
The Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection said the epidemiological flu situation in the country is of low intensity. A number of 78 cases of seasonal flu were recorded during March 4-10.
The population is urged to immediately see a doctor when symptoms of disease appear. The patients should be isolated at home and hospitalized, if necessary. Doctors recommend the persons who look after infected persons to wear protection masks. Those who had been in contact with an infected person or objects infected by these should wash the hands with water and soap or with disinfectants.
Over 2,000 cases of flu were logged in Moldova between October 1, 2018 and March 10, 2019.