President will not resign

President Nicolae Timofti will not tender his resignation, as the protesters in the Great National Assembly Square of Chisinau demanded, the head of the President’s Staff Ion Paduraru has told IPN.

Ion Paduraru noted that the head of state will make a statement for the press most probably in the afternoon of September 8.

President Nicolae Timofti, Prime Minister Valeriu Strelet and Head of Parliament Andrian Candu had a meeting in the evening of September 7. None of the institutions has so far communicated what decisions were taken, but, according to some sources, the ball is in the court of Parliament and the Presidential Office.

Today the Council of the Great National Assembly will have a meeting to decide what the protesters will do further. The spokesman for the Platform “Dignity and Truth” Vasile Nastase said that they will most probably go to those who hold the posts of President, Premier and Speaker themselves. If the senior government officials do not resign, the hundreds of protesting people could move to near the Parliament Building or the Presidential Office.

Вы используете модуль ADS Blocker .
IPN поддерживается от рекламы.
Поддержи свободную прессу!
Некоторые функции могут быть заблокированы, отключите модуль ADS Blocker .
Спасибо за понимание!
Команда IPN.